Looking for an Multidisciplinary Osteopath? Ergonomics, Arthritis, Senior, Sports, Infant, Pregnancy, Musculoskeletal SprainWhat is Osteopathy?
Osteopathy is a patient centred “Hands on” approach to diagnosing and treating musculoskeletal strain and injury. Andrea's professional practice aims to work closely with clients utilizing a combination of manual therapies and evidence based approaches to obtain optimal pain and mobility outcomes.
Who can benefit from Osteopathy?
Infant & Toddler
- Muscular neck and back restriction.
- Breastfeeding latch difficulties - associated Jaw and neck restriction.
- Transitioning crawl, walk and stand muscular restriction.
- Education, treatment and prevention of newborn head turning restriction associated with plagiocephaly (Flat head )
- Sporting Sprain & Strain.
- Typically children will experience everyday body impacts as part of play, sports and falls. Osteopathy addresses pain and mobility restriction as a preventative measure promoting musculoskeletal health.
- Osteopathy for Infants and children involves gentle non-invasive "hands on" techniques, with parental participation.
- Ergonomics at home and work
- Student Poor Posture - Scoliosis management
- Sporting injury rehabilitation, Balancing postural muscle imbalances associated with growing pains, Osgood-Schlatter syndrome
Pre - Postnatal Maternity musculoskeletal strain
- Arthritic restriction and pain
- Back, Shoulder, Neck, Knee, Leg, Ankle complaints, R.S.I
- Headaches and Migraines
- Fibromyalgia and Chronic pain management
- Neuromuscular restriction.
- Neck and shoulder pain , Sciatica ,Hip & knee pain
- Promoting postural ergonomics associated with breastfeeding
- Pelvic instability Management
- Pelvic Floor Stabilization and Incontinence prevention
- Pubic - Coccyx pain
- Carpal Tunnel
- Venous - Lymphatic Congestion associated with a muscular component
- Muscular Soreness, Achilles Tendonitis, Foot strain
- Lower back, Hip, knee, Ankle Sprain, Symphysis Pubitis
- General aches and pains due to Osteoarthritis - Osteoporosis
- Fibromyalgia and Chronic Pain
- Knee, Hip, Shoulder Immobility
- Headaches, Dizziness - Loss of Balance
- Pelvic floor stabilization, Controlling & preventing incontinence
Osteopathy May Assist
- Back & Neck Pain - associated trauma
- Chronic Pain & Trapped Nerve Syndromes
- Arm & Leg Pain
- Repetitive or Postural Strain
- Disc Problems & Sciatica
- Face Pain & Sinusitis
- T.M.J - Jaw Pain post Trauma or Dental work
- Rib - Intercostal restriction often associated with asthma
- Tennis Elbow & R.S.I
- Acute Ankle sprain- Sports & workplace injuries
- Headaches & Migraine referred by muscular strain
- Pre / Post natal musculoskeletal dysfunction- Coccyx & Spinal and Pelvic strain
- Restricted respiratory diaphragm tightness and discomfort
- Post surgery rehabilitation
- Hip, Foot & Ankle sprain - Achilles Tendonitis, Plantar fasciitis
- Tendonitis - Frozen shoulder
Andrea holds a Bachelor of Complementary Medicine and a Master of Osteopathy; with a clinical background in Nursing & Midwifery. Additional qualifications in Occupational health & Safety - Ergonomics all of which provide a comprehensive understanding of patient assesment, treatment , injury prevention and rehabilitation. Extensive experience working with a range musculoskeletal, Biomechanical and Neuromuscular conditions, Paediatrics & Pregnancy has made Andrea a sort out practitioner.
Are you experiencing myofascial pain? Andrea is trained to utilze dry needling techniques, which have been clinically shown to assist with myofascial trigger point pain referral, chronic pain and fibromyalgia.
Despite the course and chronicity of your condition, osteopathic treatment can be an effective choice of manual therapy and rehabilitation - promoting mobility and pain reduction through the use of individualized gentle treatments for structural restrictions.
Andrea Ormazabal Qualifications
B.App.Sc.(Comp.Medicine) Master of Osteopathy
B.A.Sc. Nursing, Post Graduate Diploma Midwifery Sc.
Graduate certificate Occupational health, Safety and Ergonomics
Paediatric, Obstetric Osteopathic Post Grad courses.
Newborn Behavioral Observational (NBO) system.
Myofascial Trigger Point Dry Needling - Post Grad Certificate.
Working with children check
Annual Women's and Children's Health Updates
Breastfeeding Seminars, Safe, Sleep, Space,
Cultural competency training.
Professional Member - Osteopathy Australia
Osteopathic Consultation Details
No G.P Referral is required
Osteopathy is covered under the 'Extras' scheme by all major funds. Rebates / HICAPS claim on the spot.
Medicare E.P.C. Plan accepted - Out of pocket GAP Fee's do Apply.
Located within The Moonee Ponds Mind Body Health Center
Osteopathy, Pregnancy & Infant -Toddler, Adolescent, Senior, Chronic pain management, Massage, Dry Needling- Sports , Arthritis. PH : 93720499