Professional focused on assisting you with musculoskeletal related Pain & mobility Arthritis, Sports, Infant, Pregnancy.
What is Osteopathy?
Osteopathy is a patient centred “Hands on” approach to diagnosing and treating musculoskeletal strain and injury. Andrea's professional practice aims to work closely with clients utilizing a combination of manual therapies and evidence based approaches to obtain optimal pain and mobility outcomes.
Who can benefit from Osteopathy?
Infant & Toddler
- Muscular neck and back restriction.
- Breastfeeding latch difficulties - associated Jaw and neck restriction.
- Transitioning crawl, walk and stand muscular restriction.
- Education, treatment and prevention of newborn head turning restriction associated with plagiocephaly (Flat head )
- Sporting Sprain & Strain.
- Typically children will experience everyday body impacts as part of play, sports and falls. Osteopathy addresses pain and mobility restriction promoting musculoskeletal health.
- Osteopathic treatment for Infants and children involves gentle non-invasive "hands on" techniques, with parental participation.
- Safety and Ergonomics - home and work
- Student Poor Posture - Scoliosis management
- Sporting injury rehabilitation, postural muscle imbalances associated with growing pains.
- Arthritic restriction and pain
- Back, Shoulder, Neck, Knee, Leg, Ankle complaints, R.S.I
- Headaches and Migraines
- Fibromyalgia and Chronic pain management
- Alleviating and promoting strength involed with Neuromuscular restriction.
- Neck and shoulder pain , Sciatica, Hip & knee pain
- Promoting postural ergonomics associated with breastfeeding
- Pelvic instability Management
- Pelvic Floor Stabilization and Incontinence prevention
- Pubic - Coccyx pain
- Carpal Tunnel
- Venous - Lymphatic Congestion associated with a muscular component.
- General Muscular sprain/strain
- Achilles Tendonitis, Foot pain, Ankle sprain
- Lower back, Hip, knee dysfunction
- Symphysis Pubitis
- General aches and pains due to Osteoarthritis - Osteoporosis
- Fibromyalgia and Chronic Pain
- Knee, Hip, Shoulder Immobility
- Headaches, Dizziness - Loss of Balance
- Pelvic floor stabilization, Controlling & preventing incontinence
Osteopathy for a range of conditions
- Back & Neck Pain - whiplash
- Chronic Pain & Trapped Nerve Syndromes
- Arm & Leg Pain
- Repetitive or Postural Strain
- Disc Problems & Sciatica
- Face Pain & Sinusitis
- T.M.J - Jaw Pain post Trauma or Dental work
- Rib - Intercostal restriction often associated with asthma
- Tennis Elbow & R.S.I
- Acute Ankle sprain- Sports & workplace injuries
- Headaches & Migraine referred by muscular strain
- Pre / Post natal musculoskeletal dysfunction- Coccyx & Spinal and Pelvic strain
- Restricted respiratory diaphragm tightness and discomfort
- Post surgery rehabilitation
- Hip, Foot & Ankle sprain - Achilles Tendonitis, Plantar fasciitis
- Tendonitis - Frozen shoulder
A practiotioner with extensive clinical experience working with - Musculoskeletal related Sporting, Arthritis, Peadiatricts & Pregnancy, Biomechanical & Neuromuscular conditions.
Andrea holds a Bachelor of Complementary Medicine and a Master of Osteopathy; with a clinical background in Nursing & Midwifery. Additional qualifications in Occupational health & Safety - Ergonomics all of which provide a comprehensive understanding of patient assesment, treatment , injury prevention and rehabilitation.
Myofascial dry needling techniques, if clinically indicated can be utilized in conjunction with osteopathic treatment. Clinically demonstrated to assist with trigger point pain referral, dry needling may assist patients experiencing chronic pain and fibromyalgia.
Despite the course and chronicity of your condition, osteopathic treatment may be an effective choice of manual therapy and rehabilitation - with the aim of promoting mobility and pain reduction through the use of individualized gentle treatments for structural restrictions.
- B.App.Sc.(Comp.Medicine) Master of Osteopathy
- B.A.Sc. Nursing, Graduate Diploma Midwifery Sc.
- Grad certificate Occupational health, Safety & Ergonomics
- Paediatric, Obstetric Post Grad courses.
- Newborn Behavioral Observational (NBO) system.
- Myofascial Trigger Point Dry Needling Certificate.
- Working with children check
- Annual Women's and Children's Health Updates
- Safe Sleep Space
- Cultural competency training.
- Professional Member - Osteopathy Australia
- Spanish spoken
- No G.P Referral is required
- Osteopathy is covered under the 'Extras' scheme by all major funds. Rebates / HICAPS claim on the spot.
- Medicare E.P.C. Plan accepted - Out of pocket GAP Fee's do Apply.
- Located within The Moonee Ponds Mind Body Health Center
- Links: https://www.facebook.com/OsteolinksOsteopathy/
Osteopathy, Pregnancy & Infant -Toddler, Adolescent, Senior, Chronic pain management, Massage, Dry Needling- Sports , Arthritis. PH : 93720499