Musculoskeletal care - Osteoarthritis - Pain & Mobility - Rehabilitation - Arthritis - Sports - Pre/post Pregnancy - Infant
What is Osteopathy?
Osteopathy is a drug-free, manual therapy that aims to improve health across all body systems by manipulating and strengthening the musculoskeletal framework. Dr. Andrea's practice aims to work closely with clients utilizing individulized gentle treaments and evidence based approaches to obtain optimal pain and mobility outcomes for structural restrictions.
Who can benefit from Osteopathy?
Infant - Toddler - Adolescent
- Muscular neck and back restriction.
- Breastfeeding latch difficulties - associated Jaw and neck restriction.
- Transitioning crawl, walk and stand muscular restriction.
- Education, treatment and prevention of newborn head turning restriction associated with plagiocephaly (Flat head )
- Sporting Sprain & Strain.
- Typically children will experience everyday body impacts as part of play, sports and falls. Osteopathy addresses pain and mobility restriction promoting musculoskeletal health.
- Osteopathic treatment for Infants and children involves gentle non-invasive "hands on" techniques, with parental participation.
- Student Posture
- Scoliosis management
- Injury rehabilitation, postural muscle imbalances associated with growing pains.
- OsteoArthritic restriction - pain
- Back, Shoulder, Neck, Knee, Leg, Ankle complaints, R.S.I
- Headaches and Migraines
- TMJ - jaw dysfunction
- Fibromyalgia and Chronic pain management
- Alleviating and promoting strength involed with Neuromuscular - biomechanical conditions.
- Neck and shoulder pain , Sciatica, Hip & knee pain
- Postural ergonomics associated with breastfeeding
- Pelvic instability Management
- Pelvic Floor Stabilization and Incontinence prevention
- Pelvic Pain : Pubic - Coccyx pain
- Carpal Tunnel syndrome
- Venous - Lymphatic Congestion relating to musculoskeletal.
- General Muscular sprain/strain
- Achilles Tendonitis, Foot pain, Ankle sprain
- Lower back, Hip, knee dysfunction
- Symphysis Pubitis
- General aches and pains due to Osteoarthritis - Osteoporosis.
- Fibromyalgia and Chronic Pain
- Knee, Hip, Shoulder Immobility
- Headaches, Dizziness - Loss of Balance
- Pelvic floor stabilization - incontinence prevention.
Osteopathy may assist
- Back & Neck Pain.
- Chronic Pain & Fibromyalgia.
- Repetitive or Postural workplace Strain.
- Disc Problems & Sciatica.
- Facial Pain & Sinus congestion.
- Jaw Pain - T.M.J. Trauma - Post Dental work.
- Rib trauma or Intercostal muscular strain
- Tennis Elbow & R.S.I
- Ankle sprain.
- Headaches & Migraine.
- Pre/Postnatal musculoskeletal related.
- Hip/Foot & Ankle pain, Achilles Tendonitis, Plantar fasciitis.
- Frozen shoulder and related tendonopathies.
A practitioner with over 20 years of clinical experience and a genuine interest in assisting clients with Musculoskeletal related Osteoarthritis, Pre/post Pregnancy related, Sports, Infant, Biomechanical & Neuromuscular conditions.
Andrea holds a Bachelor of Complementary Medicine and a Master of Osteopathy; with a medical background in Nursing & Midwifery. Additional qualifications include Occupational health, Safety & Ergonomics which provide a comprehensive insight in supporting clients musculoskeletal health at their workstation as well as rehabilitation outcomes.
Myofascial dry needling techniques, if clinically indicated can be utilized in conjunction with osteopathic treatment . Dry Needling has been clinically shown to assist with trigger point pain referral and may assits patients experiencing chronic pain and fibromyalgia.
Skills & Qualifications
- B.App.Sc.(Comp.Medicine) Master of Osteopathy
- B.A.Sc. Nursing, Graduate Diploma Midwifery Sc.
- Occupational health, Safety & Ergonomics Grad. Cert
- Paediatric, Obstetric Post Grad courses.
- Newborn Behavioral Observational (NBO) system.
- Myofascial Trigger Point Dry Needling Certificate.
- Working with children check
- Annual Women's and Children's Health Update
- Newborn Safe Sleep Space
- Cultural competency training.
- Professional Member - Osteopathy Australia
- Spanish spoken
- No G.P Referral is required.
- Private Health - Osteopathy is covered under the 'Extras' scheme by major funds - HICAPS claim on the spot.
- Medicare Plan E.P.C. - Rebates available with G.P Referal.
- Services within The Moonee Ponds Mind Body Health Center
- Links: https://www.facebook.com/OsteolinksOsteopathy/
Osteopathy, Pregnancy & Infant -Toddler, Adolescent, Senior, Chronic pain management, Massage, Dry Needling- Sports , Arthritis. PH : 93720499